Giving Tuesday Opportunities in Bristol
Join the Generosity Movement on Tuesday, November 30th
Bristol, CT – [November 29, 2021] – The holidays have officially commenced and the City of Bristol Department of Parks, Recreation Youth and Community Services (BPRYCS) is looking for community support on Tuesday, November 30th for Giving Tuesday.Nationally recognized every year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday presents the opportunity to give back to your neighbors, make an impact, and help those looking for support as we head into the holidays and approach the end of 2021.
BPRYCS is excited to offer a number of ways to participate in Giving Tuesday and support the Bristol Community:
Youth and Family Coordinator, Kyana Anderson, who is coordinating the Annual Holiday Gift Giving program shared, “I’ve said it time and time again, the Bristol community impresses me every year with their generosity. We have a ton of individual sponsors and local businesses participating by adopting families and hosting their own toy drives.” Anderson continued by adding, “We are really grateful for the community.”
- Sponsor a Local Youth or Family for the Holidays
- Seeking interested individuals, businesses, local clubs, families, and organizations to sponsor Bristol youth and families seeking support this holiday season. Interested individuals are asked to please contact Kyana Anderson at (860) 314-4690 or Kyanaanderson@bristolct.gov to participate.
- Donate to the “Friends of the Bristol Parks and Recreation Fund”
- The "Friends of the Bristol Parks & Recreation Fund" is a 501c3 partner with the Main Street Foundation that accepts charitable and tax-deductible donations for those wishing to support BPRYCS programming, special events, and new offerings. Donate directly towards a specific program, park, or cause of interest.
- Save the Date - Holiday Toy Drive on Saturday, December 4th.
- Seeking new and unwrapped toys, clothing, and gift cards to support the Annual Holiday Gift Giving Program on Saturday December 4, 2021 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm at the Arts and Culture Center (formerly the Montessori School) located at 472 East Rd. Bristol, CT 06010.
- Donate to the Parent and Child Program’s Caring Closet
- The Caring Closet helps meet the immediate basic needs of Bristol families by supplying diapers, wipes, baby wash, formula and clothing for children. Income eligible families can receive these basic need items free of charge. Give local parents and care providers peace of mind this holiday season by donating basic need items to the Caring Closet located at the Youth and COmmunity Services building at 51 High Street, Bristol, CT 06010.
BPRYCS is grateful for the continued community support and is looking forward to another holiday season in Bristol. For more information on BPRYCS offerings, visit www.BristolRec.com. For additional information on how you can get involved, please contact Kyana Anderson at Kyanaanderson@bristolct.gov or 860-314-4690.